| Facilities for Exhibition, Seminars & Educational Activites
- The charges for the use of the hall w.e.f.1st February 2009 onwards will be Rs. 22,472.00/- for full day and Rs.11,236.00/- for half a day of 4 hours.
The following activities only shall be allowed in the Hall:
- Exhibition on art/books and exhibitions organized by Registered Charitable Institutions for the promotion of traditional arts and crafts;
- Seminars based on art, education and culture.
The booking of the Hall by a party will be restricted to 15 days at any one time.
- A deposit of Rs.25,000/- will be charged which will be refunded after adjusting the dues, if any, provided the party who has hired the Hall shall make a written application for the refund of the deposit within a Period of two months after the last date of booking. If the party fails to make any application for the refund of the deposit within the above stipulated period of two months the deposit will be forfeited and no claim for the same shall be entertained thereafter.
- The hirer will not be permitted the use of any outside portion of the Coomaraswamy Hall and the Museum grounds for any purpose on whatever reason. No banners/ Publicity material will be allowed to be displayed on the driveway to the Coomaraswamy Hall and any other places within the Museum complex except as stated in rule No.23.
- The Hall has no storage facility. No packaging material will be allowed to be stored either inside the hall or on premises of the Museum.
- The enclosed quadrangle at the entrance (near the steps) is an emergency passage to the Museum and does not form a part of the Hall and shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever. Even no display of any kind including a banner or plant-pots will be allowed in that area.
- The fee once paid shall be refundable subject to the recovery of penalty as under:
a) Before two months of the day of the )(
booking i.e. the date )(
from which the hall is purported to )( 25% of the fees paid
be occupied. )(
b) Between one and two months )( 50% of the fees paid
c) Between 15 days & 30 days )( 75% of the fees paid
d) Less than fifteen days )( No refund.
- The timings of the hall shall be only between 10.15 a.m. and 6.45p.m.
It will be responsibility of the hirer to regulate the timings of the visitors accordingly and ensure that the hall vacated at 7.00 p.m. Under no circumstances will they be permitted to remain on the premises after 7.00 p.m.
- a) The party hiring the hall shall be allowed to occupy the hall only at
10.00 a.m. even on the first day of the booking, and there shall be no extension of time limit to vacate the hall on the last day and the same shall be vacated by 7.00 p.m.
b) The Hall shall remain closed on all National Holidays i.e. on 26th January, 1st May, 15th August & 2nd October for Security reason.
- a) In the case of default of condition 8 above, it shall be open to the
Museum authorities to get the premises vacated in any manner suitable at the entire risk as to costs and consequence of the hirer. The decision of the Director in such matters shall be final.
b) The hirer shall hand over possession of the Hall at 7.00 p.m. on the day of expiry of the period of booking to the security staff properly cleaned together with furniture, fitting etc., which were given to him for use in the Hall. In the event the Hall is found upswept or uncleaned at 7.00 p.m. on the last day the hirer will be charged a day’s extra rent.
- No sub-letting of any kind or parting with possession in any manner fully or partially shall be permitted and the Hall shall be used only for the purpose specified in the application and by the applicant alone. Any violation of this condition shall render the hirer liable for eviction from the premises forthwith entirely at his cost and consequences. The Director’ decisions in such matter shall be final.
- The hirer shall not in any way disturb the security arrangements of the Museum and will ensure that all the doors, windows, lights etc., are closed properly before leaving the premises. The authorities reserve the right to open the Hall through their representative to rectify any lapse in this respect by using the duplicate key entirely at the risk of the hirer.
- Any tampering with furniture or electrical fittings and/or nailing on the walls, and/or in any manner damaging/defacing the wall etc. shall render the hirer liable to pay such damages as may be premises. The decision of the Director in such matters shall be final.
- No additional electrical fixtures beyond those already existing shall be installed without prior permission.
- The Museum does not provide any furniture beyond that has been
installed in the Hall. Hirer, desirous of bringing outside furniture shall take prior permission for so doing.
- The Hall will be handed over to the hirer properly cleaned. The
Museum authorities are not responsible for its maintenance every day during the period of booking. The toilet block of the Hall will however be cleaned by the staff concerned twice a day.
- No representatives of the hirer shall be permitted to stay in the hall
beyond specified timings at clause 7 above.
- No eatables of any kind shall be permitted to be served inside the
- No fire of any kind shall be allowed to be kindled inside the hall. This
is an important security requirement since the hall is an integral part of the Museum building and any violation will result in summary eviction of the hirer.
18.a The hirer of the Hall should ensure all risk insurance coverage for
their valuable exhibition material. Museum will not be held responsible
for any consequential damage or loss on account of natural or unnatural
Calamities in the Museum complex.
- a) In the event of any admission fee to be charged, necessary permission
from concerned authorities of the State and/or Municipal Corporation will have to be obtained and produced for verification by the Museum, before commencement of the exhibition/show, failing which the show/exhibition shall not be allowed to commence.
b) All visitors to the exhibition will have to purchase the Admission ticket of the Museum at the Main Entry gate before entering the compound. There shall be no relaxation on this.
- Any help of the Museum staff will have to be asked for in writing and
compensation therefore shall be paid as asked for. Nevertheless, the Museum is not bound to provide such help.
- The Trustees or Director or other officials of the Museum authorised by
the Trustees or the Director shall always have the right to enter the said Hall and have access to the same at any time without notice and without payment of any charges or fees. Since the premises are a part of the Museum, the officers will enter the hall even after its closure in case of emergency.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Hall.
- If the hirer so desires he may arrange to put up one cloth banner near
the sub-road that leads to the Hall. No other poster/banners will be permitted to be out up on the premises and/or at the entrance gates to the Museum.
- Violation of any of the above rules wholly or partly shall render the
hirer, liable to ejection out of the hall forthwith and/or the forfeiture of the deposit amount paid by him. The decision of the Director shall be final in such matter.
N.B. The Coomaraswamy Hall is an activity center of the Museum and may be made available subject to the above stipulation and for such purposes as in the opinion of the Museum authorities does not clash with the purpose and interest of the Museum.